Friday 5 August 2016

My top 10 Lipstick of 2016


I know you're probably cringing right now 'coz here I am summarizing my top lipstick for 2016 and we're only at the half way mark of the year. I know, I know... I decided to summarize my top lipsticks for this year since I bought a lot of lip products the previous months and I promised not to purchase any additional lip product this year. (cough)

Moving on, here's my top 10 lipstick for 2016 (so far) which I think is the best lipstick for all the 4 seasons (IMO), in no particular order:

1. Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick- Dolce K (detailed review soon)

The Liquid Matte Lipstick has high intensity pigment for an instant bold matte lip. The extremely long wearing lipstick contains moisturizing ingredients for a comfortable, emollient and silky feel that does not dry your lips out.

I initially bought this just for the hype but I'm really surprised with the quality of the lipstick and how it stayed on almost the whole day depending of course on what you eat or drink. The formula is not as drying as the other liquid lipstick I've tried before which is amazing!

This is a soft taupe brown shade and smelled like a warm vanilla sugar. I've received a lot compliments when I used this lipstick.

**PS - I'm a bit disappointed with the lip liner though (I'll include the details to the Kylie cosmetics review I'm doing soon) 

Price: $29 USD + shipping






2. Mac matte lipstick - Velvet Teddy 

Described as a "deep-tone beige" matte finish from Mac's website. I wasn't intending on getting this but the MAC make-up artist got me with her mini demo on how I could use it with Mac whirl lip liner. I'm glad I purchased this because it's the perfect nude lipstick that doesn't wash me out especially when used with Mac's whirl lip liner - perfect for everyday use!

Price: $21 CAD 

3. Nyx Soft Matte Lip cream - Stockholm


Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish.
Out of all the Nyx Soft lip cream lipstick I've tried, this is so far my favorite! There was a time where this was the only lipstick I used for a month, it was crazy! I'm so in love with this shade that I bought an extra tube just in case Nyx decides to discontinue this shade. It only lasted 5 hours on my lips but hey for 9 bucks and the perfect neutral shade - I can't complain!


Price: $9 CAD (I bought it for $5 since it was on sale)


 4. Essence long lasting lipstick - Cool nude

forever nude! the trend… also on your lips. the light and creamy texture feels wonderfully pleasant on your lips and offers long-lasting results. natural beauty – nude suits absolutely every girl!
I bought this lipstick out of curiosity but glad I did, its creamy and buttery texture makes me want to reapply every hour. It is definitely moisturizing and long lasting which is a plus.

Price: Around $6 CAD

5. Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick - Charmer R19


A revamp of the iconic Sephora Lip Attitude Chic, this new hydrating formula provides improved coverage and is rife with pigment. The creamy texture softly glazes your lips, imparting just the right amount of color and sheen. 
I love this lipstick! It doesn't move around and is long lasting. This particular shade is described as warm-toffee which is very close to my natural lip colour, perfect for the no make-up look days.

Price: $15 CAD On sale for $7 as of 08/05/2016


6. Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick- Candy K (detailed review soon)


I also got my hands on this baby because I loved my first purchase from Kylie Cosmetics which is the Dolce K Matte liquid lipstick. This is described as a warm, pinky nude which gives a pop of colour for the lazy days where I just do my eyebrows and lips.

Price: $29 USD

7. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lips - StingRAYE

StingRAYEThe shade of this lipstick was darker than I expected, it is described as a toned mauve brown but it looked like almost purplish brown on me which worked out just fine since I like that grungy makeup look, I love the texture and the quality for an affordable price. I've used it in winter and in the cold summer nights. 


Price: $6 USD


8. Nyx Butter Lipstick - Little Susie

Described as deep pink with yellow undertones. OMG! I always get a lot of compliments whenever I use this, I used to work in a fast food chain and they don't allow make-up at all so I usually just wear a tinted moisturizer, do my brows and this lipstick! This is like a tinted lip balm but better. The trick is to dab a small amount into your lips and use your fingers to spread the colour to your lips for that "looking fresh" make up look.

Price: Around $6 CAD

9. Rimmel London the Only 1 lipstick - 120 You're all mine

Described as Medium Neutral pink. I love the formula of this lipstick - feels hydrating and moisturizing and at the same time long lasting. It is surprisingly pigmented and this particular shade is flattering and fun. 

Price: $8.99 CAD

10. Tarte Amazonian butter lipstick - Punch

Punch is described as Mauve pink. I got this lipstick from Tarte's Deluxe Amazonian Butter Lipstick set which was sold during the 2015 holidays season. This is more of a balm-like, sheer formula which makes my lips feel moisturized. 

Price: Part of a lipstick set - $21 CAD for 4 0.035 oz mini lipsticks

How about you guys? What's your fave lip product for 2016?




No comments:

Post a Comment